Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Confession: I'm a Cheapskate!

Yes... I admit it.  I don't like to pay a lot for the things I buy. 

And I have a serious addiction to Target. 

My husband has a theory which I believe to be spot-on:  it's impossible to walk into Target and not spend $100.  Go on.  Try it.  I dare you.  Every time I go in for toilet paper, I walk out with $101.52 (or some similar amount) worth of stuff I didn't think I needed when I first got to the store, but somehow ended realizing was a must-have.  Yes.  I love Target.  It's the only place I can get milk, diapers, Christmas decorations, windshield wiper fluid, and a child's bicycle helmet --- and all in one stop.  

So today, when I started to think about my resolution, I took a long, hard look at my closet.  Once I got over the fact that I own far too many $7 Target t-shirts (most of them stained at the hands of my children), I noticed that NOT ONE of them is made in the USA.  They come from China.  Vietnam.  Bangladesh.  Just some of the countries I wear every day. 

I obviously have my work cut out for me this year.

Bummer.

1 comment:

  1. I applaud your enthusiasm and energy Miss P. Shopper! I also like your photo above. :0)

    I look forward to following your journey!!!!

    ReplyDelete